DVD's Not Recognized On DVD Combo Drives In Windows

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


DVD's Not Recognized On DVD Combo Drives In Windows !!!!



This was a interesting problem that i faced for quite some time. CD’s seem to work perfectly fine , I could even burn CD’s , but then DVD’s  :-( I even called service center and told them that I had a problem & needed a replacement.

On one fine day, I decided to install a Linux on my PC & surprisingly the DVD combo worked just fine, with it recognizing DVD's very well .. Whoa !!! Time out ... This is cannot be true,works on one OS & not on the other ??? I switched back to windows, the same old crap .. DVD's .. they seemed alien to the drive !!!

That's when it flashed to me, the engineers in Microsoft with their Abundant intelligence when they developed windows.. ( As Usual ) never bothered to correct the bug ( I Just hope those guys have seen my blog to know that the a problem like this exists  :-) ) Well this is nothing close to a problem in Linux Though :-D

The solution to this problem is very simple, make sure that if your Combo drive is connected to your PC, it’s a master drive.
I had it as a Secondary slave all the time & that’s why I had to go through this entire nightmare  I switched it to be a seconday master & viola it worked :-D !!!!!!

If you guys ever faced this problem & you found this solution helpful, do post me back a reply :-)


Please take a moment to express your view of this blog, it's a simple vote to tell me how good my blog is. The Poll Link is on the left side of the page embedded in the sidebar

Look at the main page of the blog for more on optical drives & media & Other Cool Stuff, the link to main page is THIS

0 comments:

Followers

If You Have Benefitted From This Site Please Donate To Keep It Alive

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP